Information for Applicants
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Graduate Studies in Mathematics
Degree Programs: Master of Science, Master of Arts and Doctor of Philosophy. Courses offered in the areas of algebra, analysis, applied mathematics, combinatorics, dynamical systems, geometry, and topology.
Admissions Deadlines for Fall 2019:
|Program||Graduate School Fellowship Deadline||Department Financial Assistance Deadline*||Final Deadline|
|Ph.D||December 11, 2018||December 11, 2018||February 12, 2019|
|Master’s||December 11, 2018||December 11, 2018||February 12, 2019|
*Offers are sent out beginning in February; Applications received later in the semester may be considered if space and funding permit.
Apply Online: http://gradschool.unc.edu/admissions/instructions.html
- Graduate School Online Application
- Application Fee ($87.50)
- 3 letters of recommendation
- General GRE test scores; GRE math subject test is encouraged
- Statement of Purpose
- Math supplemental application (available as a PDF or Word)
- *International applicants are required to submit TOEFL or IELTS score (no more than two years old) and a completed financial certificate
Financial Assistance: Most of our Ph.D. students are supported as Teaching and Research Assistants. Stipends for the academic year 2017-2018 ranged from $18,000 to $20,000. Students may also be recommended for various university and national fellowships.
Laurie Straube, Graduate Student Services Manager, email@example.com, 919-962-4178
Justin Sawon, Director of Graduate Studies, firstname.lastname@example.org