Closed Course Information
* Please read carefully BEFORE Course Request Forms go live *
The Department of Mathematics has designed a “Course Request Form (CRF)” for students to use in order to request enrollment in a section of a Math course that is currently closed and waitlist capacity has been reached. These forms declare your desire to register for a particular section and your intent to “sit in” that section until the last day for schools/departments to add or drop a student using ConnectCarolina.
Please use the CRF to indicate your registration need. Once completed, submit the form to the department by clicking the “submit” button. Submission of this form is only a request and does not guarantee registration.
LAST DAY FOR ALL UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS TO ADD A COURSE OR LATE REGISTER USING CONNECTCAROLINA:
TUESDAY, AUGUST 24
The CRFs are made available on the Department of Mathematics website once the waitlist process has officially ended by the University Registrar. The Math Department keeps copies of ConnectCarolina waitlists. Students on these lists will receive priority enrollment (over CRF students), if seats become available.
CRFs will be available online:
Beginning: Wednesday, August 25th at 8 AM
Ending: Friday, August 27th at 4 PM
LAST DAY FOR SCHOOLS/DEPARTMENTS TO ADD OR DROP A STUDENT USING CONNECTCAROLINA
Tuesday, August 31st at 4 PM
Instructions for completing the CRF:
- You may request more than one MATH course (i.e., MATH ABC and MATH DEF), but not more than one section per course. Example: you may not request MATH ABC section 001 and 002 and 003. You must CHOOSE ONE SECTION of a course and commit yourself to sitting in that section.
- To request a MATH section, select the action “ADD” and list the course, section number and class ID number. (Note: this action does not automatically add you to the course. Please check your schedule often to see if your request was granted.)
- If you need to drop a course to make room for the MATH course you are requesting, please list the course and class ID number for the course to drop and select “DROP.” Sections cannot be dropped without the class ID number.
- You will NOT be notified if you are successfully enrolled in your requested course. You should check your schedule often to see if the requested course appears.
- Priority will be given to students who need a MATH course and are not currently registered for one.
- If there are problems with your registration (i.e., course overload/underload, holds on accounts, etc.) your CRF cannot be processed. You will be notified of the problem via email at the department’s earliest opportunity.
- Signing the CRF gives the department permission to make changes to your schedule. It also certifies your adherence to the UNC Honor Code in this matter.
- The CRF is found at this link: https://math.unc.edu/closed-course-request-form-2021/