Closed Course Information
*Please read carefully BEFORE Course Request Forms go live*
The Department of Mathematics has designed a “Course Request Form (CRF)” for students to use in order to request enrollment in a section of a Math course that is currently closed and waitlist capacity has been reached. These forms declare your desire to register for a particular section and your intent to “sit in” that section (with instructor permission) until the last day for schools/departments to add or drop a student using ConnectCarolina.
Please use the CRF to indicate your registration need. Once completed, submit the form to the department by clicking the “submit” button. Submission of this form is only a request and does not guarantee registration.
LAST DAY FOR ALL UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS TO ADD A COURSE OR LATE REGISTER USING CONNECTCAROLINA:
Friday, August 19
The CRFs are made available on the Department of Mathematics website once the waitlist process has officially ended by the University Registrar. The Math Department keeps copies of ConnectCarolina waitlists. Students on these lists will receive priority enrollment (over CRF students), if seats become available.
CRFs will be available online:
Beginning: Monday, August 22nd at 8 AM
Ending: Thursday, August 25 at 4 PM
LAST DAY FOR SCHOOLS/DEPARTMENTS TO ADD OR DROP A STUDENT USING CONNECTCAROLINA:
Friday, August 26th at 4 PM
Instructions for completing the CRF:
- To request a MATH section, please complete the CRF at the below link. Please check your schedule often to see if your request was granted.
- If you will need to be dropped from a course to make room for the MATH course you are requesting, please list the course and section number for the course to drop in the explanation section of the form.
- You will NOT be notified if you are successfully enrolled in your requested course. You should check your schedule often to see if the requested course appears.
- Priority will be given to students who need a MATH course and are not currently registered for one.
- If there are problems with your registration (i.e., course overload/underload, holds on accounts, etc.) your CRF cannot be processed. You will be notified of the problem via email at the department’s earliest opportunity.
- Signing the CRF gives the department permission to make changes to your schedule. It also certifies your adherence to the UNC Honor Code in this matter.
- Please allow at least 24 hours for your form to be reviewed before following up on your request.
Please click the following link to access the CRF: https://forms.gle/xRDJWxjyNvC54YcZ8